Description of DTD-SciELO Text structure
DTD-SciELO Text Version 3.1 defines the text structure of the electronic journals that do not have the characteristics of scientific article, such as an editorial or obituary. The texts marked with this DTD will be entered and retrieved from the database exactly like the scientific articles.
The element [text] has the following attributes to identify the text in the journal issue:
- Publisher Item Identifier [pii], used to identify the items in a document (an individual number for an individual item). It is composed of a character to identify the publication type (S for journals and B for monographs); the publication's ISSN or ISBN; two digits indicating the year of publication, only for journals; five characters identifying the publication's item (this is a sequential and annual number); and a character for the verifying digit. For example: S0165-3806(96)00403-8, where S identifies that the item belongs to a serial publication, 0165-3806 is the ISSN, 96 is the year of publication, 00403 is the sequential number that identifies the item and 8 is the verifying digit. This attribute is mandatory.
- Document Topic [doctopic], indicates the type of publication being marked, such as original article, editorial or literary review. It is mandatory to fill in this attribute.
- Language [language], mandatory attribute indicating the language of the article.
- Center code [ccode], indicates the code of the article's processing center, and is a mandatory attribute.
- Status [status], indicates the access availability of the document. Filling in this attribute is mandatory.
- Version [version], indicates the DTD-SciELO Article version that is used in the process of marking the article. Mandatory attribute.
- Type [type], indicates the type of illustrations contained in the article. This attribute is mandatory.
- Order [order], indicates the order in which the article appears on the table of contents in the issue. It is mandatory to fill in this attribute.
- Section code [seccode], code identifying the journal section in which the article appears. This attribute is mandatory.
- Sponsor [sponsor], identifies the institution financing the article or scientific research.
- Shortened title [stitle], informs the shortened title of the journal with the article. Mandatory attribute.
- Volume [volid], indicates the volume of the issue with the article. Filling in this attribute is mandatory.
- Supplement volume [supplvol], indicates the issue of the supplement volume of a journal.
- Issue number [issueno], indicates the number of the issue that contains the article. Mandatory attribute.
- Supplement number [supplno], indicates the number of the supplement of a journal's issue.
- Date ISO [dateiso], shows the standardized date of the issue containing the article. The ISO date is composed of four characters indicating the year, two characters indicating the month and two more indicating the day, i.e., March 1997, dateiso=19970300 (YYYYMMDD). For the publications that have two months, the last month should be identified in the ISO date, for instance, January/March 1997, dateiso=19970300. It is mandatory to fill in this attribute.
- International Standard Serial Number [issn], has the ISSN number of the journal. In the case of electronic publications, it must display the ISSN of the journal's electronic format. Mandatory attribute.
- Table of content code [toccode], indicates if the title that shall appear in the journal's table of content is the title of the text or of the section.
- First page [fpage], indicates the initial page of the text or article in the printed version. Mandatory attribute.
- Last page [lpage], indicates the last page of the text or article in the printed version. Mandatory attribute.
Example of mark on text [text]: [text pii=nd doctopic=le language=en ccode=br1.1 status=1 version=3.1 type=nd order=29 seccode=BJG080 stitle='Braz. J. Genet.' volid=20 issueno=3 dateiso=19970900 issn=0100-8455 toccode=2 fpage=102 lpage=106]
DTD-SciELO Text constitutes two groups of elements: a title group [titlegrp] and na author group [authgrp]. The [titlegrp] is composed of title model [m.title] - title [title] (with the attribute language [language]) and subtitle [subtitle].
Example of mark on title group [titlegrp]: [titlegrp] [title language=es] Determinantes del Voto Partidario en Sistemas Electorales Centrados en el Candidato [/title]: [subtitle]Evidencias sobre Brasil [/subtitle] [/titlegrp]
The [authgrp] comprises the elements individual author [author] and corporate author [corpauth]. The [author] (with the attributes occupation [role] and crossed identifier [rid]) is composed of the name model [m.name] - surname [surname] and first name [fname], whereas [corpauth] is composed of the organization model [m.org].
Example of mark on author group [authgrp]: [authgrp] [author role=nd rid='a01'] [fname]A.C. [/fname][surname]Almeida [/surname] [/author]1, [author role=nd rid='a02'] [fname]V.L.V. [/fname][surname]Abreu [/surname] [/author]2, [author role=nd rid='a03'] [fname]F.C.F. [/fname][surname]Lobato [/surname] [/author]3 [corpauth] [orgname]Universidade de São Paulo [/orgname], [orgdiv]Escola de Comunicações e Artes [/orgdiv] [corpauth] [/authgrp]
Apart from the two groups of elements, DTD-SciELO Text contains one last element that is the model [i.float] composed of floating elements. The elements pertaining to this model may be inserted in any level of the structure.
The first element on this model is affiliation [aff]. This element possesses the attributes identifier [id], organization name [orgname], organization division 1 [orgdiv1], organization division 2 [orgdiv2] and organization division 3 [orgdiv3], which are used to identify the institution divisions, starting with the largest division. It is also composed of the elements city [city]; state [state]; country [country]; zipcode [zipcode]; and e-mail [email].
Example of mark on affiliation [aff]: [aff id='a01' orgname='Universidade de Alfenas' orgdiv1='Instituto de Ciências Agrárias e Medicina Veterinária'] 1Instituto de Ciências Agrárias e Medicina Veterinária da Universidade de Alfenas. MG 179, km 0, Campus Universitário. [zipcode] 37130-000 [/zipcode] , [city] Alfenas [/city] , [state] MG [/state][/aff]
The second element in [i.float] is ignore [ign], indicating the text elements that do not have any bibliographic value. This element is automatically inserted by SGML Parser software.
The other elements are table [table] and figure group [figgrp]. The table [table] contains the attribute number [no] to identify the table's number in the text and it also contains the elements title model [m.title] and legend [legend]. The figure group [figgrp] has the attributes number [no] to identify the figure number in the text and encompasses the elements title model [m.title], figure reference [figref] and legend [legend].